SLHTA, Nina Compton Raising Cash For Restaurant Workers Impacted By COVID-19
The Saint Lucia Hospitality & Tourism Association (SLHTA) has teamed up with acclaimed and award-winning chef, Nina Compton, on a GoFundMe drive to assist local restaurant employees whose livelihoods have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This GoFundMe initiative is created exclusively for Saint Lucian restaurants and their workers to support them in this time of need.
The goal is to raise US$100,000.
Donations of US$50 and over will be eligible for a drawing of the following prizes:
* A 3-night stay at Jade Mountain with breakfast and dinner in a Star Pool Sanctuary, valued at US$6,900
* A 3-night stay at Villa XHale, valued at US$6,000
* A 2-night stay at The Landings Resort & Spa, valued at US$800
* Dinner for 2 at Compère Lapin, Chef Nina Compton’s restaurant in New Orleans
* Jus’ Sail Private Sunset Sail for 2, valued at US$395
To make a donation, click on the following link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/chefs-helps-chefs-and-restaurants
Over the next few days, the SLHTA will roll out the GoFundMe drive in grand style.
The organization also urges everyone to share the link with their friends and help promote and solicit contributions.
Compton said she is pleased to partner on the new initiative: “Born and raised in the beautiful island of Saint Lucia, I am proud of my homeland, but COVID-19 has destroyed many industries leaving many jobless, homeless and hungry”.